Football season is back and that means Thursdays, Sundays, and Mondays, my boyfriend’s eye balls are glued to the screen or his phone (for fantasy football) and I’m a sports widow. Fortunately, games mean watch parties, which means beer and fooood!!!
So I’ve partnered with King’s Hawaiian and HEB to bring you this fun game day recipe. My go-to food of choice is always chicken tenders. Sad to hear HEB won’t be making it’s way to Dallas, but it was still a fun trip to Waxahachie to shop for this recipe. This HEB was about 35 minutes outside of downtown Dallas.
Today, I made BBQ chicken tenders and Texas toast using King’s Hawaiian products with a side of waffle fries. Finger foods are super easy to make and eat and perfect for any watch party.
Ingredients for Chicken Tenders:
2 lbs Chicken tender strips
1 cup King’s Hawaiian BBQ Sauce
2 TS Dijon mustard
1 TB Honey
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 TB Salt
1/2 ts Black Pepper
2 cups of bread crumbs
1 Olive oil cooking spray
- Combine bbq sauce, dijon mustard, and honey in a bowl. I used the Kings Hawaiian Smoked Bacon. Add chicken tenders and mix till evenly coated. Marinate in fridge for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Get a large pan with foil and spray with cooking, non stick spray. I use Pam Olive Oil.
- Next you are going to create an assembly line of dishes. In one bowl, mix the flour, salt, pepper. In the second dish, whisk the eggs. This will be your egg wash. In a shallow plate, add your breadcrumbs.
- Now you’ll take each chicken tender from the bbq sauce mix, roll in the flour, then coat in the egg wash, then coat in bread crumbs. I used Panko breadcrumbs. Shake off any excess and place on the cooking tray. Repeat till you fill the tray.
- Generously coat all chicken tenders in cooking spray.
- Cook time is 16-18 minutes depending on your oven. Turn over chicken tenders halfway in and let it crisp till it’s a nice golden brown.
- Serve with BBQ sauce or dipping of choice.
Ingredients for Texas Toast:
1 King’s Hawaiian Round Bread
3 TP of melted butter
1 TP Garlic Powder
1/2 tp Black Pepper
- Slice the round bread in long 1 inch thick slices.
- Melt butter and mix garlic powder and black pepper.
- Coat one side of the bread.
- Heat pan or griddle.
- Toast on low heat for a minute, checking occasionally.
- Before flipping over, coat the other side.
- Continue until desired level of toastiness.
- Slice into smaller pieces.
The chicken tenders and Texas toast were definitely boyfriend approved! I loved making personal size portions, but you can easily make large batches too for bigger parties.
What is your favorite game day snack or meal? Leave me a comment below!
This blog was sponsored by King’s Hawaiian and HEB. Recipe and opinions are my own.